Saturday, January 23, 2021

“Rock-skis”, a mind of their own?

Rock skis are the closest thing to zombism there is. 

They must be the equivalent of zombies as far as skis are concerned and skiers have to be careful how they approach them, think about them and handle them.

Case in point: A few days ago, as I was skiing with my grandson, I decided to get my “good” skis instead of their “rock” counterparts and we ended up skiing in places that were chock-full-or-rocks, and in the process, we both ruined our otherwise good skis. 

I can’t help but suspect that, jealous and left in my garage, the rock-skis engineered this edge-and-base massacre. 

Another example: I just had the edges sharpened on my rock skis to get a semblance of “hold” over hard snow and guess what? They still refuse to get a grip as if their dull edges were resurrecting every time I found myself on treacherous terrain. 

That would prove, if anything, that there’s no redemption once boards have graduated to some “rock” status, their soul is eternally compromised!

No comments: