Friday, January 15, 2021

Turn bad ski conditions into learning!

The more we advance into the ski season, the more I realize that I’ve never seen anything so bad since I’ve lived in Park City. 

Natural snow is badly lacking and since I’m no fan of man-made snow and groomed runs, I’m at a severe loss! 

This said, as I was complaining recently about how bad ski conditions were, I said to myself “These difficulties are brought to me to improve my skills and work at gaining mastery over a grim situation...” 

Suddenly this realization that had nothing innovative or original in it, changed my complete outlook. “That’s precisely what I’ll do!” I said to myself. 

On Wednesday, I went skiing with my grandson; we both had a ball and, in the process I learned a lot of elements that will make me a much better skier and more important, a greater person! 

Just keep on trying and never stop believing in scratching treasures out of seemingly scarce resources and diminishing returns.

No comments: