Sunday, April 18, 2021

End of ski season blues?

It’s already been one full week since I haven’t set foot on my skis and I’m amazed that I could last so long without more pain and suffering. True, I have skied quite a bit this season and the quality of my activities on the snow might have been some of the best and the more diversified I’ve ever experienced. 

On Friday, I caught myself looking at the Alta and Snowbird websites, resorts that are still open for skiing, and wondered “why not?” even though I promised myself that after April 11, I just would go “cold turkey” and forget about skiing until I’d repair and tune the family skis sometime this summer and resume skiing next November.

Yet, I reckon that it’s often hard to forget the obvious, especially after the abundant snowfall that have buried us last week, also as I see that we’ve still plenty of snow in Park City to last us till May 1st, or when I get emails urging me to purchase next season’s ski passes. 

What should I do?

The response is slow to come as I’m still a bit despondent and kind of slow to respond and that must be the result of more than one year of Covid-19 terrorism…

No comments: