Friday, April 16, 2021

Picking shoes in a rush

Early in the morning, yesterday, I had to take my neighbor Rich for a colonoscopy at one of Park City clinics. After I dropped him, I returned home to have breakfast and almost forgot that I had to pick him back up upon the procedure. 

Soon, the clinic called me to remind me, and I had to rush to get him in time, so I grabbed a pair of shoes in the laundry room, before jumping into my car and drove to fetch him. 

When I arrived, I got out of the car and felt that something was wrong with my gait and when I looked at my feet, I realized that I had a Dansko clog with a very high sole on one foot, and a Timberland shoe on the other! I went into the reception area to claim my neighbor and to my relief, no one noticed. 

That reminded me of a similar incident that happened to me when I attended the 1994 Ski Show in Tokyo. When I left home, I grabbed a pair of loafers (I always traveled wearing athletic shoes), and the next day, as I was getting dressed and ready for the show, I realized while unpacking that I had two different loafers... 

Fortunately one was right, the other left and they both were black. I just had to remove the tassels on one to make it look a bit closer to its counterpart. I also got away with that and to this day, believe that no one noticed it. 

Even thought I know that “three is a charm”. from now on, I’ll try to pay more attention in order to avoid that recurrence!

No comments: