Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Physical performance as we age…

I’m highly interested in observing and in measuring the decline of physical performance as we age and as I was recently checking the VO2max measurements, I was dismayed that most tables now stop at 60 or 65 years. 

So what happens to the older folks? Are they simply written off? This is hard to accept, so I dug deeper and found that chart on the Crossfit website that dare to show a chart going all the way to 80 years of age. I guess, after that, it’s time to quit and die or something along these lines. 

Needless to say that I don’t like it and plan to be pushing back. 

I’m simply showing you two charts. The first on is self-explanatory and speaks for itself. Let me suggest that you should enlarge it, print it and post it in your bathroom or your office so you can see each and everyday, and cheer youself up! 

The second table attempts to break down various physical activities and show their respective losses over time. 

Only my “light power” is still good, which sounds logical and while at my age (73) it’s only 34% down, it’s slated to take a big hit (- 46%) in 7 years from now.

I’m now so depressed that I’m going back to bed!

No comments: