Friday, April 23, 2021

Now, time to repair the skis!

As the end of my life approaches, I’ve decided to finally take care of my skis and those of my family members who still practice the sport. 

All these years, I have been fairly sloppy in tending to my skis health and physical shape, and woefully unequipped to do my ski tuning efforts justice. Now that my turns are really counted, I’ve decided to do something about it. 

Not that ski tuning equipment is cheap, it certainly isn’t, but maybe because I’m starting to realize that a well-tuned pair of boards might be asset required to compensate for my dwindling muscular energy. For one thing, my needs are simple and easily met. I need a flat base and some sharp edges.

I don’t race, so I don’t care too much about beveling my edges to a minute degree or getting the base texture that will help beat my competition. Still, simple tastes demand good equipment and I’m new embarking on a shopping spree while that salutary and well-meaning resolve lasts. 

Later on, I might even let you see what’s in my shopping cart!

No comments: