Sunday, April 25, 2021

Searching for the soulmate

Wikipedia says that “a soulmate is a person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity. This may involve similarity, love, romance, platonic relationships, comfort, intimacy, sexuality, sexual activity, spirituality, compatibility and trust.” 

Basically, that definition, by trying to cover everything is the whole "kitchen sink" and says very little to me. 

It appears to me that, even as I intuitively guess what its meaning is, I have a very difficult time putting it into word. It is very elusive. 

It’s a bit like Lao Tzu’s Tao, the name that cannot be told, named or defined, according to the Tao Te Ching, in other words, the way, or code of behavior, that’s in harmony with the natural order. 

This is a quest that has puzzled me my entire life; how can we spot our soulmate and be sure it’s the right one?

No comments: