Monday, December 13, 2021

How we became who we are...

Some people attribute becoming who they are through their smarts, their willpower, some special mentors, an extraordinary experience or some special decisions that they’ve been making at some points along their existence, but the reality might be more complicated than that. 

For example, most psychologists agree that we’re a mixture of how we look, behave and think. At the same time, we’re constantly changing as we get influenced by our surroundings. The thing we tend to forget is that much has been decided for us before we were even born. 

Our parents, of course, made the key decision in having us and made many more on our behalf as we grew up. If I were born in Tanzania, I’d probably wouldn’t be writing this blog today if I were lucky to be alive. 

Where I lived in the Alps and where I spent the summers had so much impact on me to that I wanted a totally different life regardless of the place natural beauty. 

Then, we keep on being influenced by our family, school, friends, mentors, our general environment plus a bunch of things we’ve got absolutely no control upon. So there are more than a few mentors, a great school or a life-changing experience that we believe have molded us. 

Who we are is more like the steady, invisible and grinding work of a glacier creeping down a valley and

No comments: