Tuesday, September 13, 2022

California dreams…

While in California, I slept well as I was driving a lot, but still had time for several dreams during my sleep that I was exceptionally able to remember and one of them was bizarre enough to be worth noting. It started at hometown village of La Ranche, in Montriond, France. 

I was with my younger neighbor François Muffat, whom I’ve known since he was a tiny baby. He was taking me, and an unknown lady, to ski at Avoriaz in his Range Rover. There was a roof rack and what looked like a ladder-shaped ski rack in the back. 

I escalated that vertical rack, or tried to, saying: “That’s always the way I do it; I hang-on to the rack while the vehicle is running, I don’t like riding inside a car…” Somehow, I love to complicated things in my dreams, while systematically doing the opposite in my daily life. 

Unfortunately, my female companion couldn’t do the same and I reluctantly sat in the back seat of the SUV. We rode the 3S gondola there, and when we got to the top, we decided to ski “Le Crot”, that popular run that takes skiers back to the base of the gondola. 

First, I wanted to ski in my sneakers, but somehow was given a pair of ski boots that fit me well enough to ski in them. There, made a few sweeping turns under the “grillages” and continued on through the rough terrain of “Les Cables”, right underneath the 3S gondola and all the way to the bottom. I thought that François would be impressed. 

Maybe he was…

No comments: