Friday, September 16, 2022

If I were Charles III...

...I would want I would like my reign – however short – to be totally different. I’d want to be a different Head of State, make a big splash and be an agent for change. 

I would declare that it is time to put an end to this anachronistic practice called monarchy, and put an end to this costly and unproductive institution which focuses only on pageantry and tradition. 

Of course, I would set aside enough money for the entire royal family to live decently and with dignity during their transition to normal life. This would be an opportunity for Charles to leave a strong mark on our present civilization.

He will just have to do that in 2023, because if he decided to announce this good news this year, he would be largely eclipsed for the award of the Time’s Man of the Year title announced end of December and that Volodymyr Zelenskyy will undoubtedly receive...

No comments: