Sunday, September 11, 2022

California hotel troubles and despicable sushi

When we got to our Comfort Inn hotel in Ventura Beach, California, we realized we couldn’t connect to the internet in the room. I called the front desk and was told by the receptionist to call their service provider who wasn’t able to help us, as there was no signal. 

I came down to the front desk and was told there was no internet coming to the room because of an impending rainstorm. I asked to be moved to another room with that service but the young lady refused. 

We go into a pretty heated argument and since it didn’t go anywhere, we decided to go for dinner. We went to a nearby sushi place where the food was absolutely terrible, we ate outside but had to fight a swarm of flies in trying to eat the inedible, but the good news in that disaster is that the god-awful sushi didn’t make us sick! 

Upon returning to our hotel, I asked if there were rooms with internet, the lady said yes, but since ours was a cheap room she couldn’t move us there. 

I then called Priceline, the booking agent and as I was explaining the situation, I got a call from the front desk that offered a $40 discount on the room price or said that I could leave the hotel and get a total refund. 

I said I couldn’t leave because it was already nightfall and had no reservations anywhere else. I started to get pretty mad and demanded that the Priceline agent get me a $75 credit and I would move on. He succeeded, we stayed sans internet but live happy ever after!

No comments: