Thursday, October 20, 2022

Annual ski redemption

In less than a month, Park City Mountain is scheduled to open for skiing. It is therefore time to get our equipment back in shape and ready for another ski season. 

I’m in charge of the family skis and their conditions vary vastly by user. My wife’s boards are gently utilized and a pleasure to work on, while mine are absolutely the worst and reflect my general carelessness and quantitative excess when I’m out skiing. 

My daughter and grandson’s skis could be as bad, because they follow me wherever I go, but they’re on the hill only a fraction of the time I spend there. 

So my work begins with plugging the gauges, holes and scratches on the bases, file the edges back to an acceptable level of sharpness and when all that work will be accomplished, wax every pair. 

A lot of work for sure, but always a labor of love that rings another fun ski season. Now, let’s pray, dance or call for now!

No comments: