Saturday, October 15, 2022

Waiting to watch Trump's last act

Like a large number of Americans, I wish to see Trump incarcerated. Maybe I’m kidding myself, but if I had done half of what he’s done, I certainly would be jail and most of my countrymen would too.

So what’s the hold up? Decorum, mostly and secondarily, fear from the beast. Can you imagine, jailing an ex-president. It’s never been done before! Americans are slaves from their own concocted etiquette, they also respect authority figures unlike anyone on the planet, except for the British and their monarchy perhaps.

They're also a bit too credulous as too much religiosity will do that to most people. Americans should remember that before become a politician, Trump already was a criminal, so he know one things or two about breaking the law, to the point that it’s become second nature to him. 

As for the decision by the House Jan. 6 committee to subpoena Donald Trump, this could if be a trap set for him to force the hands of Merrick Garland and speed up and indictment, should the disgraced president decide not to accept Congress’ invitation. 

I can’t wait to watch the beginning of Trump’s soap opera last installment where he’ll star this time… behind bars!

No comments: