Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Surprising self-envy…

My nights are no longer the uninterrupted river of sleep they used to be. More often than not, my dreams, regardless of their quality or fear-inducing intensity, wake me up and getting back to sleep can be a long process. 

 Thankfully, when this happens, the following night is a far better one, so I’m not complaining about chronic sleeplessness yet. 

This said, as I couldn’t sleep the other night, I decided to go into an exploration of my past by laying out the most intense moments of my life one after the other, and after a while, and before I was providentially about to go back to sleep, I got thinking: “This is a surprisingly good life. I envy that guy!” 

That startling revelation coming from my own thinking gave me a strong reason to stay awake for another little while!


 

No comments: