Wednesday, October 5, 2022

My dreams vs. my reality

I'm lucky to have plenty of dreams, and most of the time I remember them or at least they make sure I remember them well. Overall, I can only lament about their quality. In fact most of them are so bad that they keep on waking me up, night after night (the main reason I remember them). 

I would say that considering my lighter sleep, that I assume is attributable to age, my nightmares or just bad dreams keep on rolling it, almost to the point that I have mixed feelings of apprehension when I go to bed. 

Without getting into the minute details of each one of my dreams, they’re all about “old business” and seem to settle scores that could have happened during my active, professional life, even though, too me at least, they’re totally unjustified, unwarranted and undeserved. That’s the bad news.

The good news is that when these mental, nasty intruders kick me out of my sleep, I wake up to my reality and to my relief, it’s good. Always good and in fact my reality has never been so good as it is now. So, here I am, having terrible dreams that inevitably bring me awake to a very good reality. 

How many would envy this situation and would be ready to switch their dreams and reality combo with mine?

No comments: