Sunday, July 23, 2023

Anti-deer strategy

The deer that squatted around our backyard all winter long have not completely left us to pursue greener fields and tasty bushes up in the mountains. 

Some of them are still around, though, and don’t miss a chance to patrol our property, still looking for tasty buds and other delicacies. 

So we’ve had visits focusing mostly on our veggie garden and its nascent salads. 

Recently, I invested into some magic eyes that – as I feared all along – came very short from my expectations. This led me to this final solution and, in followed Trump’s idea, I built a… wall around it!

The difference is that mine is as cheap as it is flimsy and I need to tell the deer to be gentle with its fragile structure, or better yet, avoid it altogether (the thin net is invisible on the photo!)

As for funding it, also just like Donald Trump, I’m absolutely certain that Mexico will pay the bill!

No comments: