Wednesday, July 26, 2023

To fence or not to fence?

After struggling in searching for solutions for protecting my veggie from hungry deer, I have suddenly and surprisingly returned to a solution that had once crossed my mind in the early days of owning our new home. 

Instead of building a fence around my yard, I could surround my entire backyard with a fence that would then prevent any large, four legged creature, to venture inside its perimeter.

It would need to be tall enough though, as I’m thinking around 6 feet, and perhaps removable in parts to avoid being crushed from the snow sliding from our metal roof. 

It could either be solid or airy, meaning that it wouldn’t block sight, but just access. There are also issues dealing with our neighbors and the municipal building code, but those are just technicalities as I intend to graciously follow the rules. Finally it should look great while remaining affordable. 

So quite a few things to think about before I go ahead with that project if we find it worthwhile.

No comments: