Friday, July 14, 2023

Perseverance

Without dwelling too much on the idea, I’ve come to the conclusion that perseverance might be THE trait that defines me most. It is defined by persisting with determination and tenacity towards a goal or an objective, in spite of difficulties, challenges, or setbacks along the way. 

It’s also the ability to stay committed and dedicated, plus maintaining a positive attitude and mindset even in the face of obstacles and difficulties. Obviously that quality demands some clear goals, a love for effort and practice, a tough skin, a great deal of self-discipline and good support all around. 

Over time, perseverance has brought me so many benefits that I can even name them all, like getting (almost) where I wanted most of the time, personal growth, lots of resilience and it has kept me both motivated and driven. 

Yet, I’ve never thought of it that much and never really felt it was as important as it really is. 

It reminds me of another “Perseverance” a well-named ski run at Deer Valley, that almost embodies most of the above. 

As I keep on persevering, I hope you you’ll do the same, and by the way, happy Bastille Day!

No comments: