Friday, July 28, 2023

Did I sign-up for this?

When I was young, the idea that a day, I would also turn into an old person never, ever crossed my mind. This was totally unimaginable and didn’t belong to any reality, including my very own. 

As I have grown up, matured a little and even began to age more, lost my hair and whatever made some of my physical beauty, the concern about old age never took roots in me. 

It took me to get comfortably set into the middle of my seventh decade to realize that such a foreign and totally incongruous idea was creeping up on me and morphing into an inescapable reality.

This is what prompted me to wonder: Did I ever sign-up for old age and if so, who is the idiot who forced my hand into doing it. 

Of course, when I try to reason myself, I kind of pretend that growing old is a natural process that happens to everyone, but I’m still unsure it applies to me. 

Real or not, this clearly is like an unfortunate turn of events and I still wonder who pushed me into it?

No comments: