Thursday, July 13, 2023

Need an education? Go shopping!

The past couple of days were Amazon “Prime Day”, the now traditional sale from the online merchant, that is also echoed by other merchants, whether internet based or mortar and brick retailers. 

I usually wait for this event to purchase any tech gear that I might need even though its not all limited to that and also include all kinds of items from clothing to tools to household goods. 

This time, I wanted to replace my smaller (24”) seven-year old computer monitor which speakers and audio input no longer work. My current Dell is mediocre at best, but like the computer has held up pretty well over time (in fact, I’ve never owned a computer that long). 

To purchase with that promotion, Prime membership is needed, but that’s not where the difficulty resides. 

I was looking for a 24 or 27” monitor with speakers and what I was looking at were prices ranging from $120 to $500 and it was difficult to make a choice, not to mention its shape, curved or flat, its resolution, pixel pitch, refresh speed, consumption and heat dissipation, among other issues. I hesitated for days on end, before I settled on a Philips monitor...

What a waste of time, energy for so little gained in education!

No comments: