Thursday, July 27, 2023

Customer service’s Achilles heel

In my house we have a few clad sliding doors made by Windsor the same company that manufactured the windows. 

Of these doors, the one we use most opens from the kitchen out to our outdoor deck. One day my wife found a weeny, tiny screw sitting on the desk and it came from the lock assembly of that door. 

I tried to replace it, but its thread was stripped. After a crazy amount time researching what kind of part it was and after trying to contact in vain the manufacturer, I only could reach out to its reseller in Salt Lake City that was woefully unable to get me that replacement screw, even after I made a pest of myself in insisting about my query. 

Eventually I went to the Park City hardware store that has not been killed yet by Walmart or Home Depot, and had someone quick and knowledgeable to find me the right replacement screw. 

Will I ever recommend Windsor windows and doors in the future? Don’t even think of it!

No comments: