Monday, August 28, 2023

Got a new car!

We’re on our morning walk and suddenly come this brand new Ford Bronco driven by a fairly young man (from my vantage point) who exclaims: “Got a brand new car!” I answer “Looks cool! 

After running a quick memory scan I conclude that it’s one of our neighbors taking a joyride in his new SUV and proclaiming his delight to whoever wants to hear it. We find this sweet, refreshing and so spontaneous. 

I didn’t know you could do this as an adult. I used to hear that from other kids, mostly buddies of mine, when they got a brand new bike or spanking new pair of skis and having that urge to share in their delight. I’m glad to see that his guy in his late 40s or early 50s still has such a young frame of mind. 

Next time I get a new set of wheels, I’ll make a point to publicize it in the same, loud and noticeable manner!

No comments: