Wednesday, August 2, 2023

No-stop learning

Curious by nature, I always get excited when I see the preliminary contours of something new and get impatient to learn much more about it. This is something that’s always come naturally to me and I never had to make an effort, especially if the subject matter was something I was passionate about, like skiing for example. 

Obviously and fortunately, there’s more than just skiing in my life. I’m interested in global sustainability, nature, relationships, psychology, religion, economy, politics, automobiles, technology to cite my other main areas of interest.

That's a whole world to learn and I do realize that I’m always one day late and plenty of resources short to keep up with all of that, plus I realize that I’m now running out of precious time, but still, I endeavor to do my very best and have absolutely no intention of giving up the race! 

So, my thirst for knowledge remains solid and I do everything I can to become more efficient in my efforts to get the job done, and apply myself to it, no matter what. This said, being far from perfect, I’m also very impatient with the slow pace of my progress and that of the world around me. This I sometimes makes me misfire and gets in the way of my quest for progress. 

To make matters worse, I get easily distracted by all the moving parts around me, and even though I’ve axed the nefarious influence of social media, any remaining hurdle is always discouraging, but it’s perhaps a good thing, because without challenges it might be too easy...

No comments: