Friday, August 11, 2023

Promise to Biden

On Wednesday, President Biden came to Utah and made a swing to Park City, to raise some money for his upcoming re-election. Even though our State is Red-Mormon-Republican, Park City is the Hong-Kong of Utah with a majority of Progressive and Democrat voters. 

More than 100 people attended the event that was hosted by Nancy and Mark Gilbert former US Ambassador to New Zealand and Samoa, and John Cumming from Powdr Corp., that runs ski resorts in North America, and used to be the previous owner of Park City Mountain, one of our local ski resorts. Tickets for the event started at $3,300 and ran to up to $100,000 depending on the kind of access one wanted with the President. I believe several millions of dollars were collected!

Since I wasn’t among these generous donors and Biden and his motorcade didn’t stop at my house, as I had hoped, he simply called me on his way back to Washington: 

Biden: “Hello, my friend, I missed you at the donors’ meeting today!” 

Me: “Well, I had a bad headache, Joe and besides, I’m getting to be too old for these events!” 

Biden: “Come on, you’re so much younger than me, you can do it!” 

Me: “That’s also part of the problem, Joe, I think you’re much too old for the job…” 

Biden: “That’s what some mean-spirited folks say, but age is just a number and wait til I get my second-wind” 

Me: “How can you still hope for that second-wind Joe?” 

Biden: “Just wait and see, when I’m reelected, we’ll be rocking, and you won’t even believe it!” 

Me: “Okay, I’ll vote for you if you say so, but I promise, this is the last time!”

No comments: