Friday, August 18, 2023

The fence is still holding!

I’m writing this about a month after I erected the most formidable anti-deer fence the free world has ever seen and as I am opening an envelope received today from the Mexican government with a $90.62 check inside to pay for material. 

The Mexican administration wasn’t impressed with my workmanship and refused to pay my labor, which really sucks! 

However and in spite of that negative view, I have the immense pleasure to report that my construction held up just fine. That was in spite of my fears and a misplaced distrust in my engineering abilities I had expressed at the time.

Through a combination of fearing the terrifying pair of red eyes blinking in the darkness, and the suspicious softness felt by the animal’s snout as it approached the barrier, not a single deer dared to push into the super lightweight fence and trample my veggies! 

Once more, this goes to prove that acting very softly and extremely stealthy are always the very best defenses!

No comments: