Saturday, September 23, 2023

How just thirteen year make a difference…

It’s sometimes hard to accept the changes imposed on us by time. If it’s true on the Pyramids, it’s even more appreciable on humans. 

Back in 2010, I was at just 62, confidently standing on a ladder, and a few days ago, I was replaced by Pablo, who’s about 50 at the most and seems at ease around 23 feet (7 meters) above ground.

Sure, the spot is definitely higher up and the ladder to get there, significantly taller, heavier and much more unwieldy, but this is one more inescapable sign of time that creeps on us and on me in particular. 

It’s also not easy to handle a very large ladder without letting it wobble once it’s erected for an occasional user like me, plus my muscular strength isn’t quite what it used to be. 

Getting up there is less of a problem as I don’t have much fear of heights, except that my wife has it for me and this is something I have no alternative, but take it into account. 

So from now on, high air exposure is going to be Pablo’s job, not mine!

No comments: