Tuesday, September 12, 2023

My laughing life

Any time I read or watch something about aging, I’m told that laughter is a pillar to growing old in joy and a fabulous antidote to our daily serving of bad news from all over the world. It’s also a marvelous stress-reliever and a potent mood-lifter. 

I love to laugh and whenever possible I bring more of it into my life and that of the folks I love. This is why I stay on the lookout for funny material including videos, cartoons, or jokes that make me laugh and that I’ll share with my hundreds of friends and contacts that are just a click away, and that can use a good laugh too...

While I’ve been out of Facebook and Instagram for a long time, I make a conscious decision to prioritize humor whenever I can. Sure, we all have different tastes in humor, so I try to keep that in mind before I hit the send button. 

Likewise, laughter is a natural and healthy response to humor, so I’m never afraid to let it out. That said, I know that I still could do better in the laughing department and that’s why, like a gold prospector, I always look for laughing opportunities. 

When possible, I plan activities that are fun and lighthearted, I learn to spot what makes me laugh, whether it’s watching stand-up comedies or fun movies, I always prioritize my own sense of humor. 

Finally, I never hold back my laughs I’m still a little boy at heart and laughing is a natural and healthy way to embrace life, so I’m never afraid to let it out!

No comments: