Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Sarkozy is what I thought he was

“Sarko” as some call it in France, is not someone I like. In fact the more I see or hear him, the less I can stand it. 

Yet, I’m a right leaning Frenchman when I make the effort to revisit my first nationality, but I believe the man is a buffoon, a hypocrite who still hasn’t digested to be kicked out from power by a guy as stupid as Hollande. 

Just to make some noise so he can be heard by the world, the little man who is currently peddling his new book, calls for negotiations with Russia and to take into consideration the possibility of territorial concessions to end the war. 

In an interview with Le Figaro Magazine, Sarkozy admitted that the war was “a failure and a mistake by Putin”, yet warned of a “frozen conflict” with Russia. In his view, the only solution is to hold referendums on territorial concessions in areas occupied by the occupiers. “We need Russia, and Russia needs us,” said Sarko, the very man who created chaos in Libya and was a traitor to Chirac... 

He proposed holding internationally supervised referendums in eastern Ukraine and the Crimean peninsula. Sarkozy even went as far as to say that the recovery of Crimea by the Ukrainians is an “illusion”. The politician also criticizes declarations by European leaders that they’ll support Ukraine til the end of the war. 

Just to place things into perspective, imagine Sarko in Zelenskyy’s shoes, with Russia invading France. Would he be willing to let go of the Alps, the Riviera and Corsica, just to appease Putin? Give me break! 

To speak like this, Sarko - like many other celebrities supporting Putin, I’m convinced – must have received some form of consideration. Follow the money as people say…

No comments: