Monday, September 18, 2023

Time-share cat

My son and his wife used to have cats. Three of them over the years if my memory serves me well. Just like me, they’re cat people, but when Uli, their last one died they didn’t have to get a replacement pet. 

Max came along, as a free agent cat, coming and leaving at will and patronizing a bunch of homes in their Salt Lake City suburban town. 

Max is a big, fat, super-friendly tabby cat that isn’t attached to any household in particular and knows how to sell himself in order to receive all the attention and services he needs, ranging from petting, a spot to sleep, to food and when the weather is really bad, temporary shelter.

 He is what I would call a time-share cat and this formula seems to serve him well, including of course all the folks that welcome him while he’s available. 

What a concept!

No comments: