Tuesday, December 26, 2023

A providential break?

After my fall and slide out of control just over a week ago, I haven’t been back on my skis yet. Instead, today, I’m still in southern Utah, right in the middle of the desert, nursing an upper body that can’t seem to keep up with my vivacious limbs. 

This is the first time in many years that I haven’t experienced a white Christmas in the mountains, but it couldn’t be more propitious as I needed the break to rest, plus heal my body, and keep it away from any temptation to go skiing before all is back in shape.

So, it’s been a blessing in disguise, in spite of the fact that my recovery is limping a bit and taking more time than I had thought it would. Did I mention the fact that skiing sucks at the moment? This said, I remain stoic as well as patient and remain confident that someday, when the time is right, I’ll be back on the skis, so nothing is irremediably lost!

No comments: