Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Ski like a Zombie?

Yesterday, as we strolled through the Park City cemetery, we noticed that a small ski jump had been built, similar to the ones kids typically create. 

But obviously, this is our municipal cemetery, not a typical kid’s playground and I thought that with winters as long as we have them in Park City it gets boring quickly for the most active occupants of our official resting place. 

I was of course thinking of the many ski zombies that populate the place, and that given the opportunity, still love to slide and get some air, a welcome break and breath of fresh air from a long day inside a dark and damp grave. 

I haven't seen them using that jump during the day, because it’s in full view of car traffic and pedestrians, and if I were a skinny and rather stiff zombie.

Instead, I'd get out at night so no one is there to judge my rather awkward and stilted form, as well as my tentative style on a pair of skis, not to mention my ragged ski clothes, if I were not yet a full-dried skeleton that would of course dispense me to wear any! 

Have fun zombies, jump high, there’s enough space to make a nice hokey stop and be careful not to break anything!

No comments: