Thursday, December 7, 2023

The best way to start a new day?

Today, as I was savoring the last sip of my first coffee, I asked myself: “What’s the best way to look at, start, and embrace a new day?” The reason for that rather mundane question is that as time goes by, there will be less brand new mornings in my life, so it is essential for me to make the very best out of each one of them. 

Granted, each of my days always begin with time for meditation preceded by a moment of gratefulness for what I have and how I feel. This places me in the proper mood to envision what follows, but often, before I realize it, my mind gets hijacked with unforeseen episodes, urgencies and news that take my eyes off what should be my main focus for that day. 

I already try to do my best in that domain, but as always there’s room for improvement. Here are some of the areas I plan to work on. The two most obvious questions I should ask myself is “What do I intend to achieve and what kind of mindset do I want to keep throughout the day?”

I should also make sure that my mental environment is a positive one, whether it’s made of happy things, uplifting music, funny jokes, appreciating the views from my window, a range of positive tones has to be set and kept all day long. The next idea, simple, but not that easy to accomplish is to break tasks into manageable steps, by parceling them down so each portion is more digestible, less overwhelming and more achievable. 

Each day is also a chance to discover and grow, by keeping a learning mindset at all times. I do that one well, but still have much room for improvement, by embracing challenges as opportunities for growth and viewing each experience, good or bad, as another chance to add to my knowledge and experience. 

Finally, I must never forget to make time to connect with people who count for me, loved ones, extended family and friends, in creating positive connections that can keep me in an excellent mood. 

If you have suggestion of you own that you find most effective, don’t be shy, share them by posting a comment!

No comments: