Saturday, March 29, 2008

Back to “real” work

This winter has been unbelievable: Huge amounts of snow, plenty of knee deep powder and all the great skiing that goes with it. My health has also been good; no tree ran into me and my repaired Achille’s tendon that has kept me up like a proud soldier. But now things are changing; spring is coming upon us and we’re re-doing our kitchen; so a few days ago, I traded my ski outfit for a less sexy uniform and started to removing cabinets and taking down a wall. Now, the damage is done, I’m committed and have to see the project through. In the next few days, I’ll become a carpenter, a plasterer, a tile layer and also a painter (no, not this kind, my name is not “Monnet”!) I was at first a bit apprehensive and wondering how that transition from gliding smoothly on the snow into hitting my fingers with a hammer would work, but to my surprise, I’m now hooked on remodeling. I can hardly wait to make my next move. I must have no loyalty and be too fickle with my loves… The upside to my new activity is that our local ski areas are still open till April 13 and Snowbird won’t close until the end of May, so there still will be many opportunities to steer my skis in the snow instead of driving my hand-saw into some two-by-four!

No comments: