Sunday, March 9, 2008

My DalBello Krypton

For the past years, I was happily skiing in a pair of Lange boots; that was until I ruptured my Achilles’ tendon almost one year ago. It happened on an unusually warm day when I suddenly landed on a pile of rocks, and all came to a screeching halt. The upper cuff of my right boot collapsed onto the lower shell before the heel binding could release, severing my right tendon. As I started this new ski season, I decided to change boots and picked a pair of DalBello Krypton Pro. Unlike my previous two-piece shell, the Krypton is a three-piece design including a ribbed, pivoting tongue that was a key element in Raichle’s Flexon design. While the boot may not quite have the exacting heel purchase of a Lange, it offers many more advantages. For a high-performance product, it’s quite comfortable and I haven't experience any foot cramps when I first put it on, unlike Lange boots during their “break-in” period; I never have to open the buckles while riding the lift and skied 84,000 feet vertical in one day in total comfort and this says a whole lot. For one thing, it is both superbly supportive and precise, more so than my previous boots. It’s also much easier to get into and get out off, regardless of the outside temperature. Finally, when spring arrives, it’s much better than a Lange or any overlap boot design in keeping water out of the shell. All in all, my new ski boots constitute a real progress both in product design and performance. Way to go DalBello!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Go 11, happy you are so pleased with the boots. It is incredible how many people tell us exactly the same things about their Kryptons.