Sunday, March 30, 2008

What I don’t like about Hillary

I believe that we’re lucky to have two excellent Democratic Party candidates; I would be content if either one of them won the election and will throw my full support to whoever is picked at the end of this nerve-wrecking contest. This said, I’ll try to articulate what I don’t like about Senator Clinton because I believe this has been undermining her chances of succeeding in this head-to-head race. All starts with her body language; she comes across to me as someone who has a “chip on her shoulder” and also asserts that she’s “entitled” to be seen as intellectually superior and more apt just because of her senior status. Hillary Clinton also conveys the message to those who are not convinced that she’s a cut above the Senator from Michigan; they must indeed be profoundly stupid. She shows it more when she finds herself confronted with her opponent and can’t prevent herself from smirking or making eye and facial gestures that are discounting him. The way she sticks to her “talking points” is also overly stiff and too contrived. She seems unable to hide her contempt and her anger, making that whole stinky attitude dominates her presence and easy to intercept by folks who are tuned-in to those tricks. I suppose that Hillary’s supporters must be so imbued with her candidacy that they’re truly blinded by her intellectual brightness; however, a colder observation and a more objective analysis bring all these negatives forward. I firmly believe that had she known and addressed these negatives earlier on, she’d probably have clinched the nomination by now. Now, shame on me for not telling her!

No comments: