Tuesday, March 18, 2008

H2O and me

Water and I have always had a conflicting affiliation. At age 5, I almost drawn in a swollen small creek and was lucky to be saved by a clever little boy named Gérard Leiserson. Because of that, I never was a swimmer and have kept until today an innate fear of water. Likewise, I don’t like any sort of leak inside the house, water in the basement or dripping inside my living quarters from somewhere in the roof or anywhere for that matter. I find a true pleasure in drinking fresh water though; nothing beats it to quench my thirst and I'm also fond of seeing grass, plants and trees grow with the help of this magic liquid. I love rain in the summer and the fall too because then, nature and us are all dying to get the smallest droplet. Of course my greatest appreciation for water is when it turns into snow crystals, piles up deep and lets me plow through it with my skis. Snow is part of me and I can’t imagine my life without it. So you see, water and I have a true “love-hate” relationship, but I like it so.

No comments: