Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Birthday

A few days late, I was able to connect with Jesus on Skype to wish him a happy birthday. This time the video was working, making the interaction all the more rewarding...

Go11: I know I'm a few days late, but I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday.
Jesus: No problem, thanks anyway!
Go11: Is it true that you're still 33?
Jesus: Yeah, that's how things work up here, but I'm not going to get into how these birthday rules work...
Go11: Was Santa good to you? What did you get?
Jesus: A mountain bike; I'll use it to get around on short errands.
Go11: Which brand?
Jesus: Sorry, I've no idea. You should know I'm not into that.
Go11: Why not get a regular bike, you don't need suspensions where you live?
Jesus: Mountain bikes are perhaps a bit heavier, but in the long run, they're more durable...
Go11: What did you get last year?
Jesus: An iPhone, but since we have no cell service up here - just Skype and the prayers - I use it to listen to music, play a few games and take pictures.
Go11: What are you doing the rest of this holiday?
Jesus: I plan to go and see Avatar, you know the movie with the special glasses? That should be fun! By the way, when are you going to come and see me?
Go11: To be perfectly honest, I'm in no special hurry. I'd like to wait a bit longer down here.
Jesus: Be careful, the place's getting crowded; you might want to make a reservation, that is, if you qualify...
Go11: ?
Jesus: Right, you might find out you don't.
Go11: Thanks for the heads-up Jesus, I'll do my best to catch up!

No comments: