Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Jesus and Afghanistan

Since the weather has been so cold, I stayed home and watched who was on Skype all day. This is how I was able to catch Jesus yesterday evening...

Jesus: No skiing today?
Go11: Are you kidding, it's 2 pm and still 12 degrees Fahrenheit out!
Jesus: How cold is that in Celsius?
Go11: I knew you'd ask; minus eleven!
Jesus: So what do you want to talk about today?
Go11: Afghanistan. Just was curious about what you thought of President Obama's “surge?”
Jesus: It's not going to work; you see all the Afghans are sick and tired of having foreign armies telling them what to do and the only thing on their mind is “how can we get rid of them all?” Occupation never works. I remember when the Romans were in Palestine we hated those guys, but they eventually got kicked out and lost all of their huge empire in the process...
Go11: The idea though is to go after the Talibans
Jesus: Are the Talibans Swiss? No, they're Afghans. I see them as a form or resistance to the occupier. What you are up against is just semantics; Talibans, al Qeada, Boston Celtics, it doesn't matter, they're just after one single outcome, get the US and Nato out of their country. You're trowing good money after bad, placing your youth into arms way and to me, this is just another proof of how influential your military and industry complexed is.

I couldn't resist but correct:
Go11: “Military-industrial complex”
Jesus: Sheesh...
Go11: But what are we to do?
Jesus: Do what I tell everyone who wants to listen. The roots of that middle east mess are found in my home country. Work on the Palestinian situation. Make it into a single state and have these folks learn how to get along. I have said that for almost 2,000 years, but no one seems to get it.
Go11: Gotcha; I'll tell Hillary.
Jesus: No, not her! Tell Barack; give him my Skype number.

No comments: