Friday, March 9, 2012

Are you a “lone skier?”

Most folks think skiing is a social sport, or at the very least, that it's never fun to just ski alone. I probably am in the minority that thinks otherwise and can be totally happy, by myself on the hill. That's true, I don't need a bunch of friends or family members to motivate me to ski, yet I totally enjoy skiing in the company of people I like to be with. Likewise, I can go on my own and have a wonderful experience.

Next time you're on the slopes, take the time to observe who skis in group and who appears to be a “loner.” You might be surprised to count quite a few of these single adepts. From there, would I jump to the conclusion that these individuals who ski alone are the most passionate about the sport? I'd say yes; would you disagree with me?

No comments: