Saturday, March 3, 2012

Selling automobiles...

I've always been appalled by the way cars are sold in America. Consider this, I own a car, brand ABC, and I regularly, take it for service to the dealership. Yet after 9 years that I've owned this automobile, today is the first time that I have received an email from the dealer offering a $5,000 credit if I considered one of their new models.

In the meantime, no one has ever approached me when I brought the vehicle for service for a tour or a test drive of one of their new models. One should think that the service department at this dealership should talk to the sales department and as a car ages, there should be someone from the sales department approach the owner to offer a trade-in for a newer model, etc. Am I missing something or are these people still with their head stuck in the sand?

No comments: