Thursday, March 29, 2012

Counting cars...

As I woke up at 4 this morning, and instead of counting sheep, I undertook to count the cars I had driven personally for a significant amount of time, excluding of course rental cars and other “loaners.” I came up with 18, if I include my newest acquisition, the whole number spread over some 46 years.

The average driving experience amounts to 32 month per vehicle which seems stunningly low, but I need to recognize that my last car stayed with me for the last 9 years, which explain why, my heart was a bit heavy when I gave it up this week.

That car had been good to me and I feel much better thinking that it will benefit someone whom I know and love and who may get many more years of driving pleasure out of it. Which other car stands out in that “stable?”

Probably the Citroën 2cv that I drove for some 7 years, as it was my very first car during my early driving years!

No comments: