Sunday, March 4, 2012

Making the effort to go skiing...

Yesterday was a so-so day; overcast skies, pretty cold and I had just a few hours to go skiing. My wife encouraged me to get out. I didn't want to, but pushed myself anyway. Between the time I get dressed, take my gear, load the car, drive to the resort parking lot, put on my boots and hit the slopes, it takes about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on my speed and motivation.
I got there, skied for two hours, over 13,000 vertical feet, and – as always - had a wonderful time, experienced unique circumstances and these will never been taken away from me (true, each ski day is always unique.) Please, don't just stay home; even if there's only one hour available, your life is getting shorter everyday, so always get out and ski!

No comments: