Saturday, April 21, 2012

Before the “Haute-Route...”

The first and last time I set foot on alpine touring skis was almost 3 years ago and that experience wasn't stellar. At any rate, not to accept total defeat, I repeated it today and had a much better time at it.

True, my new AT boot, that I wore for the very first time killed my feet, but I eventually go used to the them and hoisted myself to the Park City Resort Summit House, some 2,350 vertical feet higher. At first, I found the exercise a bit grueling, but eventually learned the gliding technique and become more efficient and zig-zagged my way to the top.

Next time, I'll shoot for Jupiter Peak and hope to get out nine more times while there is still some snow available. Eventually, I still plan to do the “Haute-Route,” with some friends, between Chamonix and Zermatt, but in the meantime, I'll need to practice on the “Basse-Route” (the Low Road) around Park City!

No comments: