Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Responding to vicious emails...

We all get emails that are manipulated and under the guise of common sense say things that are politically or socially extremist. We can ignore them or as happened to me yesterday (see text inside the illustration), respond to set the record straight.

Which is what I did:

"I feel sorry for the man who wrote this and for all of those who identify with everything listed in that text. To me, it sounds like an admission that change is unbearable and that the good old days were a much better time. 

Refusing to change might be a reason for the demise of the Neanderthals some 30 thousand years ago, and I get more inspired by the stories of people who have flourished with change. Folks like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and today, Elon Musk or Mark Zuckerberg. 

Most of us [like the man sending me the message] who have been in sales can identify with pushing the envelope, making huge progress, occasionally losing perhaps, but always standing back up, dusting ourselves off and trying even harder. I wouldn't be surprised if the author of that piece stood front and center around Woodstock in 1969 and has since just given up, ready to fall for the Donald Trumps of the world who propose to go back to the 1950s. This is not for me; I'm still too curious, remain eager to participate and can't wait to move forward!"

No comments: