Thursday, February 9, 2017

A very nice surprise...

Two or Three days ago I received a small book sent by a friend of mine and former work colleague from France.

“Les avant-gardistes” relates the history of the Avoriaz Ski School, my alma mater of sorts, in which I worked between 1969 and 1977.

I was both delighted and deeply moved as I opened up the publication and rediscovered old photographs and read the saga of what might have arguably been one of my happiest professional experience.

The piece was well laid-out, had great pictures, albeit too small, and a collection of colorful anecdotes, some of them half-truths, but after half a century, some “blur” factor is okay.

The only downside was an atrocious English translation, but who said you could have everything perfect!

No comments: