Monday, February 13, 2017

One life and the influence of luck

Yesterday, I was talking about Life, choices, joys and pain, but if there is a omnipotent element that always influences our destinies, regardless of good or poor judgment, it's luck. We get variable distributions of that elusive commodity and myself have been no exception to that randomness.

In fact, I consider that until now I have got much, much more than my fair share. From the moment I was born in a decent and loving family to the fact that I was endowed with many natural talents that I should have made better use of and did not always.

I have had many lucky breaks all along the way. In my professional life through serendipitous choices, in my personal life through my wife of more than 40 years, my two kids and my grandson. I also have been very lucky with my health by having had no major illness, by exhibiting quick and full recovery anytime something happened to me.

I've also been able to pursue a very active life, that countless time has put me into harm's way and yet has let me survive bad and often spectacular accidents, showing that unlike cats, I had more than nine lives.

Without more than my share of good fortune, I wouldn't be where I am today. Thank you, Lady Luck!

No comments: