Friday, August 19, 2022

End of an era at Park City Mountain!

As we were expecting it with fear and loathing, Park City Mountain will begin charging for parking at its Park City base, or “Mountain Village”, for the 2022/23 winter season. 

This really sucks big times! If there are less than 4 people in a car, the resort will charge $25 per automobile, and to make the process even worse, it will also require reservations in order to get a spot there. 

This is Armageddon for a place that used to offer such a convenient access and it makes me wonder about the wisdom to continue skiing with the bunch of creeps that the Vail Resorts people are. 

Fortunately after 1 pm, the fee and the need for reservation will be waived. Sure, I’ll be able to park at nearby Canyons, but finding a spot isn’t going to be easy, unless I get up at 6 am and patiently wait.

Yet, in appreciation for Vail Resorts dislike for its patrons, there might be better solutions to park free at their paying lot, like buying three animated crash dummies, dress them in skiers and sit them in my car. 

I can always remove one of them when my wife, my daughter and my grand-son ski with me. I’m sure more ideas will come to me as we get closer to the ski season, so please, stay tuned!

No comments: