Tuesday, August 9, 2022

My vision for the future?

I love to imagine what the future will be and while I have conducted this exercise over the years, I’ve never wrote down my views of what it would be, so I’m at a loss to making any comparisons. 

This huge question shouldn’t be addressed in a few sentences, but that I’ll try to formulate it the best I can in the least amount of time and words possible. 

For practical reasons the scope of that question is the entire earth, and to give people my age a chance to watch these predictions unfold, let’s aim for the state of our entire planet at the end 2035. 

Overpopulation, pollution, food supply and climate change: 

  • Population will still be growing to 9.5 billion, including wars and pandemics. 
  •  Pollution will keep on getting worse as governments won’t have the will to make needed changes 
  • Food supply and particularly water will become scarce and very expensive 
  • Raising oceans will force 2 billion of people out of their current location 

Planet’s politics, migrations:

  • False information will be hard to control and contain, governments will become more autocratic. 
  • War will continue unabated and migration will be a central issue fueled by economics and climate.

 Human lifestyle, education, work, leisure, quality of life: 

  • Cost of living will keep on growing and simply living will be unaffordable for most.
  • Technology will try to improve an increasing difficult quality of life but benefit only the richest. 
  • Education will make huge progress through developing technology. 
  • Work will become a privilege for most and will continue to foster economic inequality 
  •  Leisure will become more tenuous and under siege by mental illness and cost of participation. 
  • Quality of life will decrease significantly on a planet that has become too hot for most. 

Life sustainability, health, medicine, technology:

  •  Hunger, poverty will have a decimating effect on populations as well as pandemics. 
  • Health will continue to progress for some but, along with medicine, will be unaffordable for many.
  • Technology will keep on accelerating and dazzle us 

That’s about it for me. Usually, I feel that I’m a fairly optimistic individual, but my account is pretty depressing. I just hope I am dead wrong. 

What’s your vision?

No comments: