Friday, August 26, 2022

Let’s meet the mayor !

I didn’t vote for our current Park City mayor. I didn’t fully understand her platform and program, so I stayed with the known entity our previous mayor represented and didn’t want to take a chance. 

Still, she won the popular vote and I had to accept her as our new leader. As part of her promise to reach out to her constituents, our new mayor recently invited Park City residents and business owners to join her for one-on-one conversations to share thoughts, community concerns, or just to catch up for 20 minutes. 

I didn’t want to let that opportunity go by without giving her a piece of my mind and on Wednesday, we met. Before that, her assistant had asked what subject I wished to discuss, and I said I wanted to focus on transit and transportation issues around town. 

She didn’t know who I was as evidently had not been prepared as to who she’d meet, which would have been a cool idea. So, I proceeded to introduce myself and said that I wanted to talk about traffic issues, but at the macro level, since at 5 pm later that day, a Public Open House was scheduled about the upcoming winter Park City Transit service, and I said I would attend it. 

Surprisingly, our Mayor didn’t know about that event, which was another surprise to me. I then embarked to share my vision of boring a tunnel trough the Wasatch mountains, trying to use a potential second Olympics and a chance for Elon Musk to showcase his boring company. 

When I was done, I was comforted in my vote from last November, and had no illusion about my ability to inspiring our mayor!

No comments: