Saturday, December 31, 2022

America tipping tactics

On Thursday, we went skiing in record breaking crowds my daughter and her boyfriend. To avoid the typical congestion at our mountain restaurants, we decided to break for lunch just before noon. 

This was a self-serve restaurant at the ski resort in which we just had to fight for ourselves and by ourselves to find a rare table and aside for ordering our food at the counter and paying it at the cashier, the interaction with the personnel wasn’t much and wasn’t there. 

The food was abundant but just okay in quality, and when I paid the bill with my card, I was presented with the terminal asking me to leave a tip of various importance and also not to leave one at all.

I didn’t like this kind of options that as become generalized everywhere I go, as I felt pressured to leave something in exchange for no great service or nothing fabulous in terms of experience, so, I finally choose to leave nothing. 

To conclude, when I asked the cashier for a receipt, she said that her terminal wasn’t able to deliver one. I thought “Thank you for nothing!” and left not feeling guilty.

No comments: